Friday, September 14, 2012

Dear Dating Site matching logarithm:


Clearly, what you are trying to tell me is that I have run out of real options in this town and will now have to move. I know this because you have now suggested for me:

1. Multiple Christians who are "serious about it" and think that I will find this to be a positive thing.

2. A dude who actually said he doesn't get the "fascination with the Beatles".

3. People who hate cats.

4. People who want more kids.

Okay, so. For a while I thought that maybe you "got me", dating site...but we need to talk.
Yes, even though I really only use the site to find people to make fun of, I still want to feel like you're making an effort. You know that I still harbor ridiculous fantasies. Like maybe this magical romantic comedy type situation could spring up and the love of my life appears (after I have snarked him nearly to death in a fantastically witty message exchange. We share a love of all things Joss Whedon and we have Star Wars wedding bands - though we never really get married) and we live happily ever after in a cozy little cottage stuffed with all the trappings of heavy nerd-ism (it looks a bit like a modern day Sherlock Holmes might live there).

You're not even trying, anymore, and I think you know that.

No comments: